Friday, August 24, 2007

PvP > Raiding

I think we all can agree that we play WoW for fun, a lot of times it can feel like work, but it is ultimately a fun experience when you take the sum of its parts. There are essentially three paths in the game to having fun, raiding, pvp and making gold. It can be a balancing act with a main focus on just one element, because there are only so many hours in the day. In recent weeks I have seen the fun I take from raids diminish rapidly and shift to the pvp side of the game. I have never been into gaming the auction house, so that leaves me with a pvp focus. If that wasn't abundantly clear from my last three post.

So as of Friday I am no longer a raid status member in my guild. I will throw off the chains of pve and focus strictly on pvp. That means my officer rank will change to pvp officer which entails recruiting for pvp and organizing premades on battleground weekends. Grajam is the other pvp officer and we already play 3s together and have known each other for going on 5 years. We should make a good team with my organization and his knowledge and elitism.

My 2s and 3s teams are a lot of fun, but we have always played our minimum limit and quit for the week. That leaves me with a total of 20 matches a week. Which means a lot of down time and a lot of cave defending, if its not a WSG or AB weekend. So last night when I got an invite to a 5s team I jumped all over it. One of my guild mates was looking for a dps to round out his 5s team and I guess I was one of the only players not in Mag's lair. Our matrix is a subtlety rogue, holy pally, resto shaman, and either a arms or fury warrior (it escapes me at the moment). We started at 2-7 and buried our rating, but after we changed our strategy and started to get a feel for each others play style we end up at 12-9 for the night with a rating above 1500. Everyone seems to be committed to the team, willing to play often so we can get better and is pvp focused. I am still learning about classic+hunter, 2345 and 4dps matrices so I don't have a clue about ours. It seems to have a lot of potential though. We are going to do another round of matches tonight and I am hoping we can get back on our win streak that went for 8-2 games last night.

If you are planning on starting your own 5s team there is a really good write up here. Check Tzatziki's other post for more good guides too. Learning a lot these days!

WSVG Notes
Great coverage of the WSVG in Toranto this past weekend at a number of sites. Check out Ming's commentary and oPlaid's (Check Six DoD:S player?) at gameriot.com for less numbers and more opinion. Radikal has a few post on the hunter drama that ensued and Yea We Lift has their side of the story up.

Ranking Notes
Far Beyond Driven's jutsu ranking on the server is up to 12th after being as low as 19th only three weeks ago. Good work to everyone who is working hard on Void Reaver and Mag. After breaking 1k spell damage finally in my pve gear, I dropped some pieces for vet pvp gear and am now back below 1k. I have tons more stam and res now though!

No comments:

Miles Logged

Books Read

Recently Finished:

The Wise Man's Fear
Dynasty of Evil
100 Bullets Vol. 07: Samurai
Batman: Batman and Son
100 Bullets Vol. 06: Six Feet Under the Gun
100 Bullets Vol. 05: The Counterfifth Detective
100 Bullets Vol. 04: A Foregone Tomorrow
100 Bullets Vol. 03: Hang Up on the Hang Low
100 Bullets Vol. 02: Split Second Chance
30 Days of Night
100 Bullets Vol. 01: First Shot, Last Call
Transmetropolitan Vol. 1: Back on the Street
Uzumaki, Volume 1
Runaways vol. 1: Pride and Joy
The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 2: Dallas
The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 1: Apocalypse Suite
Batman: Hush, Vol. 2
Atomic Robo Vol. 4: Other Strangeness
}

Search