Wednesday, August 29, 2007

WE Day (PvP Revamp Project)

I went WE frost last night and man do I need to practice. It is a lot more complex than AP/Frost thats for sure. With AP all I had to do was start on my dps as normal and hit my burst macro when the target got to 40%ish and they usually died. Learning to micro manage my WE, when to summon it, when to go defensive and when/how to burst is going to take some time. I kept telling myself last night that it can only get easier and that it would ultimately make me a better player.

I spent most of my time in AV treating every opponent like it was the start of an arena match. I then went outside of Shat City and dueled my brother (AP/Frost) for thirty minutes. He has never beaten me when I was AP/Frost and he beat me on our very first duel. Eventually I got to the point where I could beat him as long as I had my WE available. It was progress, but I still feel panicked when I'm trying to manage my WE and watch my health at the same time. I had some solo fights against hunters in AV that I won hands down as well, it was a confidence boost, but I could beat most hunters as AP too.

I took some time to further refine my UI last night while defending the cave (two birds = one stone). I am back to using arena master and all of my bars are centered now with a lowered chat window for greater visual space (screens coming soon). I dumped proximo obviously, it was confusing as hell, sometimes I would go to sheep a pally in a 5s match and his name would be "X"ed so I could not target him. It wasn't like he was immune/bubbled either. No clue what I was missing.

More news on my WE adventure should be forthcoming as I have 5s matches tonight. Should be a panicked and fun time. I'll let you know.

No comments:

Miles Logged

Books Read

Recently Finished:

The Wise Man's Fear
Dynasty of Evil
100 Bullets Vol. 07: Samurai
Batman: Batman and Son
100 Bullets Vol. 06: Six Feet Under the Gun
100 Bullets Vol. 05: The Counterfifth Detective
100 Bullets Vol. 04: A Foregone Tomorrow
100 Bullets Vol. 03: Hang Up on the Hang Low
100 Bullets Vol. 02: Split Second Chance
30 Days of Night
100 Bullets Vol. 01: First Shot, Last Call
Transmetropolitan Vol. 1: Back on the Street
Uzumaki, Volume 1
Runaways vol. 1: Pride and Joy
The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 2: Dallas
The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 1: Apocalypse Suite
Batman: Hush, Vol. 2
Atomic Robo Vol. 4: Other Strangeness
}

Search