Monday, February 11, 2008

Winter Love on Wheels

After round one of Winter love on two wheels the pants crew went back out this Saturday for some more cycling. The route was the same, but the cast differed slightly. Russ, Grant, Matt and myself meet at casa de Grant at 8:30 sharp for another two hour jaunt around riverside. Mehtul was MIA on a journey to pick up a new puppy, but we know his spirit was with us on the road.

We took less breaks this ride and general kept the pace fast and smooth. Grant had another two hour limit on the ride and this time we got him back with fifteen minutes to spare. We said our goodbyes, Grant went to catch some father in law brownie points, Russ and Hose went for some tasty eats and I went to get my baby some love.

Said baby needed love because my headset and fork saw their final days on this ride. The fork was completely striped inside and the headset will not grab the stem anymore. So off I went to the local bike store. I ordered up a new fork and headset that should be ready for next weekends ride. I also took the time to talk to the owner about ordering a new frame. I have always wanted a frame to call my own, as my first one and current one was a hammy down from Grant. I have eyes on a Surly Cross Check in grayish white that makes me long for a racing green brooks and brass parts by the truck full.


Site Watch
Wallbike will most likely see lots of my hard earned dollars in the coming weeks and months. They have great prices and all kinds of unique bits and pieces for your ride of choice.

2 comments:

Grant said...

Twas a good ride, indeed.

That white Crosscheck is schweet. Are you gonna peel off the decals? Is can fit 45's. That's good stuff there.

Wreck said...

Yes I'm going to peel the decals, I want it as clean and fast looking as possible for around town riding. I'll gear it out for longer rides though.

Miles Logged

Books Read

Recently Finished:

The Wise Man's Fear
Dynasty of Evil
100 Bullets Vol. 07: Samurai
Batman: Batman and Son
100 Bullets Vol. 06: Six Feet Under the Gun
100 Bullets Vol. 05: The Counterfifth Detective
100 Bullets Vol. 04: A Foregone Tomorrow
100 Bullets Vol. 03: Hang Up on the Hang Low
100 Bullets Vol. 02: Split Second Chance
30 Days of Night
100 Bullets Vol. 01: First Shot, Last Call
Transmetropolitan Vol. 1: Back on the Street
Uzumaki, Volume 1
Runaways vol. 1: Pride and Joy
The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 2: Dallas
The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 1: Apocalypse Suite
Batman: Hush, Vol. 2
Atomic Robo Vol. 4: Other Strangeness
}

Search