Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Check, Check, One, Two

I arrived home Monday night after my class (CPCU) to find the final puzzle piece to my Cross Check build. A large box filled with custom built wheels and other goodies. With all the pieces of Voltron collected I went to my local bike shop last night to have them combined. Turns out they can't churn out bikes like 80's cartoons can assemble giant mecha robots. That is to say in under a half hour.

I did get put on the schedule though, Friday afternoon to be exact. If all goes well I should be on riverside Saturday morning with new steel between my legs (taint piercings are gross). My LBS even had green cloth tap. I searched the web high and low and could not find any. Apparently it is the tamagotchi of the rando cycling world. Online at least, leave it to the local guys to have to one thing I could not find on the world wide web.

Below is a picture of all of the parts assembled in my Florida room:

Pretty ain't they!

Site Watch
I have been recommending bike related sites as of late because I have cross fever, but I am still keeping up with video games too (Burnout Paradise mostly). In that vain I would point you dear reader in the direction of GFW radio. It is a PC gaming podcast and by far the funniest of all the podcast I listen to on a weekly basis.

2 comments:

Grant said...

Schweetness. So did you drop off all the parts then? Did they say how much time a complete assembly usually takes?

Wreck said...

Yes dropped them off yesterday and they will build it and be done on Friday this week. Assuming all I got all the parts right and did not miss anything of course.

Miles Logged

Books Read

Recently Finished:

The Wise Man's Fear
Dynasty of Evil
100 Bullets Vol. 07: Samurai
Batman: Batman and Son
100 Bullets Vol. 06: Six Feet Under the Gun
100 Bullets Vol. 05: The Counterfifth Detective
100 Bullets Vol. 04: A Foregone Tomorrow
100 Bullets Vol. 03: Hang Up on the Hang Low
100 Bullets Vol. 02: Split Second Chance
30 Days of Night
100 Bullets Vol. 01: First Shot, Last Call
Transmetropolitan Vol. 1: Back on the Street
Uzumaki, Volume 1
Runaways vol. 1: Pride and Joy
The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 2: Dallas
The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 1: Apocalypse Suite
Batman: Hush, Vol. 2
Atomic Robo Vol. 4: Other Strangeness
}

Search