Monday, March 22, 2010

Spartacus: Blood and Sand

I grew up in the 80's watching the original Kubrick Spartacus on television. I saw it maybe 6 or 7 times and had a special fondness for it. It has been a long time since I last saw it, but the new Starz series Spartacus: Blood and Sand is evoking those memories from my childhood. This is not a show for children though. The sex and violence are probably too much for some adults even, but if you can stomach them you are in for a treat. The story they have told so far has me on the edge of my seat and wanting more. What started out as a guilty pleasure has become a must watch for Crystal and me, right along with Lost, House and True Blood.

No comments:

Miles Logged

Books Read

Recently Finished:

The Wise Man's Fear
Dynasty of Evil
100 Bullets Vol. 07: Samurai
Batman: Batman and Son
100 Bullets Vol. 06: Six Feet Under the Gun
100 Bullets Vol. 05: The Counterfifth Detective
100 Bullets Vol. 04: A Foregone Tomorrow
100 Bullets Vol. 03: Hang Up on the Hang Low
100 Bullets Vol. 02: Split Second Chance
30 Days of Night
100 Bullets Vol. 01: First Shot, Last Call
Transmetropolitan Vol. 1: Back on the Street
Uzumaki, Volume 1
Runaways vol. 1: Pride and Joy
The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 2: Dallas
The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 1: Apocalypse Suite
Batman: Hush, Vol. 2
Atomic Robo Vol. 4: Other Strangeness
}

Search