Tuesday, July 9, 2013

R.I.P. Ryan Davis


I've made mention of the Giant Bombcast more than a number of times here in the past. I love it. By far my favorite gaming podcast and easily in my top three overall. Over the weekend the host, Ryan Davis, passed away. After spending nearly three hours a week since early 2009 with his voice and the rest of the GB crew it was a bit of a shock to see the news of his death. No clue how it happened, nor is it relevant, but he was 34 and I felt like I knew him just a bit. Sad times.

I got to meet him once in 2010 on the show floor at PAX East. He was clearly working. Moving fast, sweating and being followed by Vinny with a camera. When I called out his name and introduced myself he stopped and gave me his full attention. Chatted for and bit shook my hand and was on his way. He will be missed dearly by his friends and family for sure, but also by the hundreds of thousands of readers and listeners.


No comments:

Miles Logged

Books Read

Recently Finished:

The Wise Man's Fear
Dynasty of Evil
100 Bullets Vol. 07: Samurai
Batman: Batman and Son
100 Bullets Vol. 06: Six Feet Under the Gun
100 Bullets Vol. 05: The Counterfifth Detective
100 Bullets Vol. 04: A Foregone Tomorrow
100 Bullets Vol. 03: Hang Up on the Hang Low
100 Bullets Vol. 02: Split Second Chance
30 Days of Night
100 Bullets Vol. 01: First Shot, Last Call
Transmetropolitan Vol. 1: Back on the Street
Uzumaki, Volume 1
Runaways vol. 1: Pride and Joy
The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 2: Dallas
The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 1: Apocalypse Suite
Batman: Hush, Vol. 2
Atomic Robo Vol. 4: Other Strangeness
}

Search