Monday, January 12, 2015

Some Raps in 2014

2014 was a bit a stinker, not just for games and rap, but on many fronts. Not sad to see it go, but I did listened to some fun things along the way...

Songs
Wish there had been more from Rocky or the mob this year, but this track got me excited for 2015.


Crushed the original track and Drizzy.


My favorite video of the year, maybe? Most creative lyrics of 2014? 

And my 2014 Ear Worm Award goes to...No Flex Zone! Dammit they are not good at rapping, but I dig the beat and hook so hard. For that plus good rap, skip to 3:20 and hear King Push murder it.

Drill rap is impressive, but not always the best quality music. This is the exception to the rule.

The runner up for the Ear Worm Award. Free Bobby!


If only the rest of the album had been as good as this track.

Another in the I wish the album was this good category.


Albums
I loved the second outing almost as much as the first and seeing them live was one of the best concerts I've ever been to.

All of Piñata was great, it was hard to pick this track as my favorite.


Most all of My Krazy Life was great, it was hard to pick this track as my favorite.


4-5 solid tracks on Oxymoron, this track stood above the rest.

No comments:

Miles Logged

Books Read

Recently Finished:

The Wise Man's Fear
Dynasty of Evil
100 Bullets Vol. 07: Samurai
Batman: Batman and Son
100 Bullets Vol. 06: Six Feet Under the Gun
100 Bullets Vol. 05: The Counterfifth Detective
100 Bullets Vol. 04: A Foregone Tomorrow
100 Bullets Vol. 03: Hang Up on the Hang Low
100 Bullets Vol. 02: Split Second Chance
30 Days of Night
100 Bullets Vol. 01: First Shot, Last Call
Transmetropolitan Vol. 1: Back on the Street
Uzumaki, Volume 1
Runaways vol. 1: Pride and Joy
The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 2: Dallas
The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 1: Apocalypse Suite
Batman: Hush, Vol. 2
Atomic Robo Vol. 4: Other Strangeness
}

Search