Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Mixed Progress

My 3s team lost 73 points on Sunday night (1858 -> 1785) with a bottom of the heap record of 2-8. I guess the rating lose could have been worse, but the real reason I got in a bad mood was my lack of control of my new WE spec. My WE ran wherever it wanted when I was focused and my burst timing was off by a mile when I was free to do damage. After starting 0-4 I went back to AP/Frost for the night and only improved to 2-4 before calling it at 10 games. Truth be told I only had time to tune my WE in AV before attempting an actual arena match.

Later that night while pve racing the alliance in AV I took Hellspawned up on an offer to play 2s with double frost mage. While not the best matrix for 2s it is a ton of fun. I was still AP/Frost when we started and soon realized that playing WE would compliment the teams strong points even more. So respeced back and had a ton of fun going 24-17 till the wee hours of the morning. Our 1531 rating is nothing to write home about, but considering we started from a previous rating of 1456, it was still progress.

Playing 40+ games of 2s helped a lot with my WE micro and hopefully will make its way to my 3s this coming week. It is going to be a long road of practice and fine tuning to get as good as I know WE can be.

AV weekend netted me my medallion, my vet ring and a healthy appreciation for the new changes that are coming to AV. After I get my final two pieces of vet gear I don't think I will be stepping foot into AV until they fix it.

Guild Notes
After downing Gruul more than a month ago FBD bagged Void Reaver this weekend. It was nice to see some excitement in guild chat again. We picked up a lot of members from another guild on the server who was actually a little further progressed than us and it looks like that plus the recruitment we had been doing really panned out.

No comments:

Miles Logged

Books Read

Recently Finished:

The Wise Man's Fear
Dynasty of Evil
100 Bullets Vol. 07: Samurai
Batman: Batman and Son
100 Bullets Vol. 06: Six Feet Under the Gun
100 Bullets Vol. 05: The Counterfifth Detective
100 Bullets Vol. 04: A Foregone Tomorrow
100 Bullets Vol. 03: Hang Up on the Hang Low
100 Bullets Vol. 02: Split Second Chance
30 Days of Night
100 Bullets Vol. 01: First Shot, Last Call
Transmetropolitan Vol. 1: Back on the Street
Uzumaki, Volume 1
Runaways vol. 1: Pride and Joy
The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 2: Dallas
The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 1: Apocalypse Suite
Batman: Hush, Vol. 2
Atomic Robo Vol. 4: Other Strangeness
}

Search