Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The Dual Box Duelist

WTF How does this happen?

The title is catchy, but it really should have been "The Quad Box Duelist". This is by far the craziest thing I have read in a long time. I can't image playing 5v5 with two players and five characters. How does one even coordinate that many task at such a high level of play? My hats off to the dude that did it and ouch for the teams that he defeated. I figured you could LOS the hell out of a team like that or at least burst down one of the mindless drones, but I guess I have no clue what it is like.

I always imagined dual boxers excelling in a raid environment. All of the challenges are code controlled and broken up by moments to plan and get your head straight. It is you against the developers in what are essentially coordinated puzzles. PvP is a different beast though. It is man vs man in a game knowledge, twitch reaction, skill based test. How one man outwits five other human controlled players is beyond me. I want him on my team though. I wonder if he needs a mediocre frost mage?

P.S.
I got new kicks!

No comments:

Miles Logged

Books Read

Recently Finished:

The Wise Man's Fear
Dynasty of Evil
100 Bullets Vol. 07: Samurai
Batman: Batman and Son
100 Bullets Vol. 06: Six Feet Under the Gun
100 Bullets Vol. 05: The Counterfifth Detective
100 Bullets Vol. 04: A Foregone Tomorrow
100 Bullets Vol. 03: Hang Up on the Hang Low
100 Bullets Vol. 02: Split Second Chance
30 Days of Night
100 Bullets Vol. 01: First Shot, Last Call
Transmetropolitan Vol. 1: Back on the Street
Uzumaki, Volume 1
Runaways vol. 1: Pride and Joy
The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 2: Dallas
The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 1: Apocalypse Suite
Batman: Hush, Vol. 2
Atomic Robo Vol. 4: Other Strangeness
}

Search