Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Of Weight Loss

Last year I lost 30 lbs in a two month span (Jan to March), it was easy to lose the weight, but keeping it off proved a little harder. I started out just eating healthier in January and soon followed it up with regular trips to the gym. Crystal got a membership at the YMCA and started working out with me on a regular schedule. By mid summer I was still going to the gym and started slacking a bit on my diet. The weight was staying off for the most part though.

The fall brought some gym slumps and eventually a bad back/hip episode that put me out of commission for rest of autumn and all of the winter. By the time I weighed in this month a year to date from my original start I was at a total of 5 lbs lost for 2007. Not anything to get upset about because I still ended up at a net lose, but I started so promisingly only to flounder in the end.

This year will hopefully be different, I am down 4 lbs in the past week and down a total of 13 lbs in 3 weeks since I started. We are going to the gym 3-4 times a week and our diet is back to homemade healthy meals instead of 6 nights a week at Moes and Five Guys. My bike has been hurting for five months now and needs some serious love in the front wheel and stem department. The plan is to fix up my bike and keep up with riding at least four times a month or more. Wish us luck.

Site Watch
101 cookbooks is a site I have featured and mentioned on this blog and my old one on numerous occasions. It is worth mentioning in the context of todays post because a lot of the meals I have been cooking for our diet come from Heidi Swanson's blog. They are always healthy and sometimes quick to make. Here a few of the ones I have tried and had success with...

Lively Up Yourself Lentil Soup

Five Minute Tomato Sauce
Egg Salad Sandwich
Black Pepper and Lime Oven Fries
Lori's Skillet Smashed Potatoes

1 comment:

Th3 Ch3at said...

Might i suggest WII Fit its a video game and you lose weight. It's a win win sir!!!

Miles Logged

Books Read

Recently Finished:

The Wise Man's Fear
Dynasty of Evil
100 Bullets Vol. 07: Samurai
Batman: Batman and Son
100 Bullets Vol. 06: Six Feet Under the Gun
100 Bullets Vol. 05: The Counterfifth Detective
100 Bullets Vol. 04: A Foregone Tomorrow
100 Bullets Vol. 03: Hang Up on the Hang Low
100 Bullets Vol. 02: Split Second Chance
30 Days of Night
100 Bullets Vol. 01: First Shot, Last Call
Transmetropolitan Vol. 1: Back on the Street
Uzumaki, Volume 1
Runaways vol. 1: Pride and Joy
The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 2: Dallas
The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 1: Apocalypse Suite
Batman: Hush, Vol. 2
Atomic Robo Vol. 4: Other Strangeness
}

Search