Wednesday, February 6, 2008

With a Sickness

Woe unto me, that I did eat greasy onion rings and consume copious amounts of distilled spirits on Saturday night. I then proceed to remove every ounce that I had taken in back from whence it came. I expected to wake up Sunday morning slightly hung over, but no worse for wear. I was wrong.

Sunday brought sickness: stomach pains, fatigue, coughing and sinus drainage. Apparently my body was on the verge of becoming sick and my imbibing Saturday night pushed it over the edge. Push is so tame, it felt like I filled up an old station wagon full of gasoline cans and drove it over a cliff with a lit cigar. I spent Monday and Tuesday laid up and at home as well. It was not a complete waste though. I caught up on reading, Discovery HD and my Pokémon training. Mostly sleep and drinking liquids though.

I started reading listening to Freakonomics over the weekend. So far it seems like a really interesting approach to the topic of economics. Although economics was one of the more interesting topics I studied in college, so it didn't take much to get me interested. A book that made accounting interesting, now that would be a grand feat.

Unfortunately, I being sick rewarded you (the reader) with this boring entry on me being sick. The post Monday about PC gamings decline was thankfully in the can late last Friday night. Hopefully this coming Friday's post will yield much tastier fruits.

2 comments:

Mehtul... said...

discovery hd = pure learning eye candy. I can not wait when I can devulge in the HD experience other than my xbox 360.

Mehtul... said...

oh and I am glad you feel better ;)

Miles Logged

Books Read

Recently Finished:

The Wise Man's Fear
Dynasty of Evil
100 Bullets Vol. 07: Samurai
Batman: Batman and Son
100 Bullets Vol. 06: Six Feet Under the Gun
100 Bullets Vol. 05: The Counterfifth Detective
100 Bullets Vol. 04: A Foregone Tomorrow
100 Bullets Vol. 03: Hang Up on the Hang Low
100 Bullets Vol. 02: Split Second Chance
30 Days of Night
100 Bullets Vol. 01: First Shot, Last Call
Transmetropolitan Vol. 1: Back on the Street
Uzumaki, Volume 1
Runaways vol. 1: Pride and Joy
The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 2: Dallas
The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 1: Apocalypse Suite
Batman: Hush, Vol. 2
Atomic Robo Vol. 4: Other Strangeness
}

Search