Friday, March 21, 2008

27 Miles to Annabelle

This post was going to be titled "40 Miles to Fort Harrison".

Knowing that I had Good Friday off for many weeks I some how forgot to organize a ride. Thursday came too soon and I quickly threw together a cue sheet and invite. Of course no one else had off so I would be riding solo. This will be easier in pictures...

Bright and early at 10am.
I made it all the way to Libbie when I got a flat tire.Easy enough to fix with a patch kit.Well if you have glue it is.No glue means no tube, no tube means a 2 mile walk to the bike store.A new tube a little elbow grease and I am off.To meet Grant for lunch.We ran into Elizabeth.A bike with cool red rims.And one covered in PBR cans.And back to the road.Through downtown Richmond.To Dock St.To my unplanned final destination.Unplanned because I got another flat.A nice view of the city.And a Civil War marker.Back home by way of the city.Main St.Patterson Ave.
And another pinch flat, for a grand total of three flat tires on one 27 mile bike ride. When I was about three miles from home turning right from Patterson to Three Chopt I heard a thump and felt my tire go all goosey. I patched it and cursed and prayed the whole way home. A bit of an adventure, mystery and pain, but a great way to spend a Friday.

By the way all of the photos of the road are by way of the Gorillapod mounted to my handlebar.

2 comments:

Mehtul... said...

Even though you did not get reach your original goal you seem to still get some good riding in. Beside the flat tire setbacks sounds like a good way to spend the day off. I think I would have traded in my day of work to have ten flat tires. Looks like a gorgeous day.

Grant said...

Sucks about the flats. It looks like the Gorillapod takes good road shots.

Those new Schwalbes are gonna be sweet.

Miles Logged

Books Read

Recently Finished:

The Wise Man's Fear
Dynasty of Evil
100 Bullets Vol. 07: Samurai
Batman: Batman and Son
100 Bullets Vol. 06: Six Feet Under the Gun
100 Bullets Vol. 05: The Counterfifth Detective
100 Bullets Vol. 04: A Foregone Tomorrow
100 Bullets Vol. 03: Hang Up on the Hang Low
100 Bullets Vol. 02: Split Second Chance
30 Days of Night
100 Bullets Vol. 01: First Shot, Last Call
Transmetropolitan Vol. 1: Back on the Street
Uzumaki, Volume 1
Runaways vol. 1: Pride and Joy
The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 2: Dallas
The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 1: Apocalypse Suite
Batman: Hush, Vol. 2
Atomic Robo Vol. 4: Other Strangeness
}

Search