Thursday, June 4, 2009

Electronic Three and Other Somesuch

E3 is boiling over this week with coverage all over the webs. Monday through today brought announcements that I'm geeked about...

Modern Warfare 2 - Game of the Year 2009!

Metal Gear Solid Rising - First MGS game on the 360, ah...awesome!

Left 4 Dead 2 - Seems too soon, but if they want to call an expansion a sequel so be it.

Crackdown 2 - The first one was better than the Halo 3 beta most people bought it for.

Shadow Complex - I'm down for a little metroidvania action on Live.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 - The first one was the last good Wii game I played.

God of War III - After loving 1 & 2 it looks like I'll miss the third installment.

Assassin's Creed II - Hesitantly excited about this sequel.

Splinter Cell: Conviction - All four games previously released have been awesome sauce.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - Missed the first, now missing the sequel.

Castlevania: Lord of Shadows - Might get my God of War fix here.

The Saboteur - Assassin's Creed in WWII, sure I'd play that.

Star Wars: The Old Republic - You have to do a lot to beat WoW, but the trailer is interesting in and of itself.

Guild Progress
Oh I'm raiding again, I should mention that first. When Kaden was born I took a break from WoW understandably, but once we settled into some semblance of a baby routine, I wanted back in. My raid schedule has been 9pm to 12am for forever and that is usually well after he is off to bed.

Ulduar came out while I was on break and my guild hit it hard with two 25 man raiding groups. Before I even came back they had pushed all the way to Yogg Saron. In the four weeks I have been back I have been geared to the teeth, but also seen our attendance drop off dramatically. Be it real life shenanigans (see the paragraph above) or lack of interest we have not gotten a solid three days of raiding in since my return.

Some of my new loot: Worldbreaker Headpiece, Worldbreaker Tunic, Worldbreaker Legguards, Amice of the Stoic Watch, Runeshaper's Gloves and Ice Layered Barrier

No comments:

Miles Logged

Books Read

Recently Finished:

The Wise Man's Fear
Dynasty of Evil
100 Bullets Vol. 07: Samurai
Batman: Batman and Son
100 Bullets Vol. 06: Six Feet Under the Gun
100 Bullets Vol. 05: The Counterfifth Detective
100 Bullets Vol. 04: A Foregone Tomorrow
100 Bullets Vol. 03: Hang Up on the Hang Low
100 Bullets Vol. 02: Split Second Chance
30 Days of Night
100 Bullets Vol. 01: First Shot, Last Call
Transmetropolitan Vol. 1: Back on the Street
Uzumaki, Volume 1
Runaways vol. 1: Pride and Joy
The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 2: Dallas
The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 1: Apocalypse Suite
Batman: Hush, Vol. 2
Atomic Robo Vol. 4: Other Strangeness
}

Search