Monday, December 24, 2012

Weekend Review: Dec 22nd & 23rd

Every weekend there are new sights, sounds, and taste to consume. There are other sensory inputs that tickle my brain too, but saying there is stuff to feel sounds creepy. This is a weekly journal of my weekend endeavors. Enjoy!

Walking Dead (iOS)
We are still woefully behind on the TV show, but the first episode of Telltale's game is out for free as of this week. I actually bought the whole arc (5 episodes) on Steam earlier this fall. Then COD came out and I never went back to it. So dipping my toe into the iPad version is only problematic should I buy the thing twice. Which seems more than likely given my need for a couch based game in the evenings. My wife with her awful TV and I with my iPad full of zombie nightmares.

Gundam
My desire to assemble a massive Lego kit has been a driving force this Fall/Winter. Only stunted by the sky high prices that have been the sole barrier to my entry. $200-300 for a hobby is nothing to sneeze at. In steps Gundam, $30-40 and nearly as many pieces and time committed to assembly. I have slowly been putting together a real grade kit for the past two weeks. I love having an on going project like this. The end product is also a more desirably show piece for my study than Legos. That's right it's not my office or my man cave or the game room. I'm calling it my study now. Out with the ratty old futon and in with the wood paneling and antique stock ticker.

The Strange Talent of Luther Strode
I picked up this book on a THN recommendation this week and liked it a lot. It has a straight forward premise that ramps quickly into a strong story arc. It is ultra violent and has some of, if not the best, gory art I have ever seen. Blood is everywhere and the human anatomy is destroyed in hyper stylized way that is very pleasing to the eye. That makes me sound like a cereal killer. This book is not for the faint of heart, but it is a real treat otherwise. Right after I picked up the first issue of the follow up, The Legend Of Luther Strode, and now I am on the hook for that monthly.

No comments:

Miles Logged

Books Read

Recently Finished:

The Wise Man's Fear
Dynasty of Evil
100 Bullets Vol. 07: Samurai
Batman: Batman and Son
100 Bullets Vol. 06: Six Feet Under the Gun
100 Bullets Vol. 05: The Counterfifth Detective
100 Bullets Vol. 04: A Foregone Tomorrow
100 Bullets Vol. 03: Hang Up on the Hang Low
100 Bullets Vol. 02: Split Second Chance
30 Days of Night
100 Bullets Vol. 01: First Shot, Last Call
Transmetropolitan Vol. 1: Back on the Street
Uzumaki, Volume 1
Runaways vol. 1: Pride and Joy
The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 2: Dallas
The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 1: Apocalypse Suite
Batman: Hush, Vol. 2
Atomic Robo Vol. 4: Other Strangeness
}

Search