Monday, December 10, 2012

Weekend Review: Dec 8th & 9th

Every weekend there are new sights, sounds, and taste to consume. There are other sensory inputs that tickle my brain too, but saying there is stuff to feel sounds creepy. This is a weekly journal of my weekend endeavors. Enjoy!

Boardwalk Empire
The past week and this weekend I caught up on the third season of Boardwalk Empire. A show that has been one of my favorites since the drop. It keeps getting better and better. Slowly escalating along the same timeline prohibition did. From quiet inception to big time violent and organized crime. Old characters are still great and the new ones are meeting the same benchmarks. Gyp Rosetti as the new villain is flipping phenomenal. Equal parts crazy and humorous, excellently acted.

Thor: God of Thunder
I read more comics this year than any other. The more I do so, the more I am picking up cape and cowl books. A turn around for me, but the New 52 and Marvel Now events have made it very easy to dip my toe. A few different DC books have stuck with me and I have picked up the first two issues of Thor. The art is great and the writing is great. What I really enjoy though is three story lines each book covers. Past, present and future Thor. The plots all have ties to each other, but I feel like I get more story per book and it is really satisfying watching it all come together.

Stealth Bastard: Deluxe
Oddly, Stealth Bastard is not really a stealth game. It is a puzzle platformer with light and dark mechanics. What that means is there is no open world in which you are given tools and abilities to sneak through. There is one path (usually), but discovering that path is what makes the game really fun. The music is catchy and though pixelated the art looks superb. Funny enough, I was aware of this game before it was being sold. The none deluxe version was something I downloaded and never booted up. Charge ten dollars for it though and get a little internet buzz from sites I frequent and I'm your man. Apparently.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stealth Bastard is definitely a Stealth game. The word 'stealth' has absolutely nothing to do with open worlds, tools or abilities.

To employ stealth is to remain hidden. That is the sole primary, objective of this game. It is a stealth game in it's purest form.

I'm not sure how much clearer I can make this...!

Miles Logged

Books Read

Recently Finished:

The Wise Man's Fear
Dynasty of Evil
100 Bullets Vol. 07: Samurai
Batman: Batman and Son
100 Bullets Vol. 06: Six Feet Under the Gun
100 Bullets Vol. 05: The Counterfifth Detective
100 Bullets Vol. 04: A Foregone Tomorrow
100 Bullets Vol. 03: Hang Up on the Hang Low
100 Bullets Vol. 02: Split Second Chance
30 Days of Night
100 Bullets Vol. 01: First Shot, Last Call
Transmetropolitan Vol. 1: Back on the Street
Uzumaki, Volume 1
Runaways vol. 1: Pride and Joy
The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 2: Dallas
The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 1: Apocalypse Suite
Batman: Hush, Vol. 2
Atomic Robo Vol. 4: Other Strangeness
}

Search