Monday, January 7, 2013

Weekend Review: Jan 5th & 6th

Every weekend there are new sights, sounds, and taste to consume. There are other sensory inputs that tickle my brain too, but saying there is stuff to feel sounds creepy. This is a weekly journal of my weekend endeavors. Enjoy!


Far Cry 3
This game missed out on my gaming data love in for 2012. Through no fault of it's own it came out in early December, when I was already a prestige deep into Black Ops 2. That and I had very little expectation for the third entry in the series, despite being pleasantly surprised by the second. The third is the best parts of the seconds emergent open world with none of the fluff. I've described it as Skyrim with submachine guns, if your into that kind of shorthand. Far Cry 3 has more of an "A" plot and less, "B, C, D, E, F" plots than Skyrim did, but they both create great individual stories through their worlds and the systems that live in them.

Looper
It has been a solid three months since we saw a movie. Post kids we hardly see anything. So when we do carve out time, we hope with all our hopin' muscles that it is a good one. Looper is just that, a good one. Great even, if your into time travel brain puzzling, which we are. The trailers set up a great premise and the actual movie exceed it at every turn. Well acted, visually pleasing and an ending that makes good on all that led up to it.

Fitbit Zip
I've never written an Amazon review, I usually like what I get and do a fair amount of research before ordering things. That changed this past week:

"Out of the ten days I wore it, it tracked me at zero steps for two days and sub 100 for two more. The screen doubling as a whack-a-mole button is unreliable and a bit maddening. It was rarely responsive and when it did come on it was usually a emoticon sticking it's tongue out at me. Nothing about this device worked as I expected it too. I wanted to believe it was me. I slogged around Fitbit's site on two separate occasions for something I was doing wrong, but came away with no answers.

Returned it today."

No comments:

Miles Logged

Books Read

Recently Finished:

The Wise Man's Fear
Dynasty of Evil
100 Bullets Vol. 07: Samurai
Batman: Batman and Son
100 Bullets Vol. 06: Six Feet Under the Gun
100 Bullets Vol. 05: The Counterfifth Detective
100 Bullets Vol. 04: A Foregone Tomorrow
100 Bullets Vol. 03: Hang Up on the Hang Low
100 Bullets Vol. 02: Split Second Chance
30 Days of Night
100 Bullets Vol. 01: First Shot, Last Call
Transmetropolitan Vol. 1: Back on the Street
Uzumaki, Volume 1
Runaways vol. 1: Pride and Joy
The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 2: Dallas
The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 1: Apocalypse Suite
Batman: Hush, Vol. 2
Atomic Robo Vol. 4: Other Strangeness
}

Search