Monday, February 4, 2013

Weekend Review: Feb 2nd & 3rd

Every weekend there are new sights, sounds, and taste to consume. There are other sensory inputs that tickle my brain too, but saying there is stuff to feel sounds creepy. This is a weekly journal of my weekend endeavors. Enjoy!

White Chicken Chili
I had no real rooting interest in the Super Bowl yesterday. Apart from rooting that Ray Lewis not win another in the year he plans to retire and also that the 49ers not win six and tie the Steelers. Either way I lost, but I decided to dull that phantom pain with chili. It is a recipe that I have made at least ten times, it is Slow Carb friendly (see the link above) and taste good. The prep time to break down a whole rotisserie chicken is the only aversion I have to not make it more often. Sundays are for lounging about and cooking long/slow meals though. The chili was great and the game turned out to be not so bad either.

Hardywood Craft Brewery
Saturday night my brother and I went down to Hardywood to see my friend Mike and his band (RPG) play at their record release party. It was a kick ass show and a great venue for it. RPG killed it after debuting their new music video. Being there for the show reminded me just how far Hardywood has come in only a  year. They seem to keep making great business decisions while standing on the back of some of the best beer I have ever tasted.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
In third grade I owned all four ninja turtles, a slew of bad guys and my prize possession was the party van. Two decades later, my three year old ranks TMNT right behind Adventure Time in his favorites shows to watch. Thursday night he completed a long standing agreement that if he learned to write and sound out the alphabet unassisted he could pick out any big toy he wanted. He went with the shellraiser, a turtle van that puts my party van to shame. We spent an hour before bed Friday night assembling it and then having the door bust open for the turtles spill out to stomp the foot clan. It was great!

No comments:

Miles Logged

Books Read

Recently Finished:

The Wise Man's Fear
Dynasty of Evil
100 Bullets Vol. 07: Samurai
Batman: Batman and Son
100 Bullets Vol. 06: Six Feet Under the Gun
100 Bullets Vol. 05: The Counterfifth Detective
100 Bullets Vol. 04: A Foregone Tomorrow
100 Bullets Vol. 03: Hang Up on the Hang Low
100 Bullets Vol. 02: Split Second Chance
30 Days of Night
100 Bullets Vol. 01: First Shot, Last Call
Transmetropolitan Vol. 1: Back on the Street
Uzumaki, Volume 1
Runaways vol. 1: Pride and Joy
The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 2: Dallas
The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 1: Apocalypse Suite
Batman: Hush, Vol. 2
Atomic Robo Vol. 4: Other Strangeness
}

Search