Friday, April 19, 2013

Weekend Review: Apr 13th & 14th

Every weekend there are new sights, sounds, and taste to consume. There are other sensory inputs that tickle my brain too, but saying there is stuff to feel sounds creepy. This is a weekly journal of my weekend endeavors. Enjoy!

Monument 10k
Success! 48:10 is right down the middle on my goal time of 47 to 49 minutes. I started the morning by picking up Mike and his bike. For the second year in a row we parked 30 some blocks from the start line and road our bikes in. We avoid the traffic/parking nightmare and get a nice warm up in before we have to run. At the start line I was a ball of adrenaline, coming out at 7:15 in the first mile. I settled in at around 7:45 per for the next two and put in a split time of 23:52. Faster than I wanted for the first half and I suffered on the back half because of it. Five to Six was a wall of pain and exhaustion and the last quarter mile sprint was agony (pictured). Then it was over, I ate a banana, a sugary sports drink or two and I felt fine. I was really happy with my effort and credit all of it to the Advanced 10k team. I have the Hardywood 4 Miler in less than two weeks and the Carytown 10k in three. I don't plan to beat my new PR, but who knows. I'm in the best running shape of my life and only spent two nights chugging beers and eating cake post Monument.

Planet Money
For some reason I have been avoiding my next audio book (The Twelve) and listening to loads of podcast instead. Probably because once I get into it there will be no time for podcast. Planet Money is not new to me, but I eventually burned out on it when I was fully subscribed. This time around I have been selectively picking episodes that sound interesting. So far so good, some great examples follow:

No comments:

Miles Logged

Books Read

Recently Finished:

The Wise Man's Fear
Dynasty of Evil
100 Bullets Vol. 07: Samurai
Batman: Batman and Son
100 Bullets Vol. 06: Six Feet Under the Gun
100 Bullets Vol. 05: The Counterfifth Detective
100 Bullets Vol. 04: A Foregone Tomorrow
100 Bullets Vol. 03: Hang Up on the Hang Low
100 Bullets Vol. 02: Split Second Chance
30 Days of Night
100 Bullets Vol. 01: First Shot, Last Call
Transmetropolitan Vol. 1: Back on the Street
Uzumaki, Volume 1
Runaways vol. 1: Pride and Joy
The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 2: Dallas
The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 1: Apocalypse Suite
Batman: Hush, Vol. 2
Atomic Robo Vol. 4: Other Strangeness
}

Search