Wednesday, July 18, 2007

"3, 2,...Ah Shit!"

Those where the words that came out of my mouth on our second High King attempt last night. I was assigned to spellsteal tank Krosh Firehand at the start of the raid last night and was directly responsible for our first wipe and contributed to the second.

To start the fight I was to count down to my pull on ventrilo. The fight requires a lot of spell stealing and fire wards. So I thought I would prepare before hand and setup new hotkeys for the two spells as they aren't spells I normally use. On my first attempt at pooling I was very nervous and hit the wrong spell and in attempt to correct my mistake I did not spell steal which killed in two shots (blastwave and fireball) me and wiped half the raid.

Very embarrassed and determined to get it right I decided to reset my key binds and try again. This time I would go with a slow cast spell at max range and spell steal while Krosh ran over to me. As I creped over to get in range I counted down from three. Well as the title suggest before I got to one I pulled with my body instead of a spell. While not a deal breaker it left our healers unprepared and one of our off tanks was dead within 5 seconds. I was just tanking away when I realized things were going to hell and the raid was running to the exit.

I didn't get it right the second time, so our guild/raid leader pulled me off tank duty and put me on DPS. I completely agreed with his decision, as I had two attempts to learn to pull and screwed it up both times. Had our healers been more experienced with the fight we could have kept going on the second try, but as they weren't it was on me to give them the best attempt pull possible. I felt like crap, I hate letting pull down or not holding up my end of anything in life. Hopefully I will get another try this coming Tuesday. This time I will give a longer count down and POM whatever spell I pull with.

Guild Notes
High king did die...took a while...but still he is dead.


Arena Notes
Grajam jumped in with both feet on our 2v2 team, he dropped our pally and picked up a warlock (Ixodor). They have gone 18-6 this week which took our rating to 1710 and there goal for the week is a rating of 2000. I will hang back till the 2000 rating and then start a steady diet of 30% of our matches next week as I will most likely be the weakest player of our three.

No comments:

Miles Logged

Books Read

Recently Finished:

The Wise Man's Fear
Dynasty of Evil
100 Bullets Vol. 07: Samurai
Batman: Batman and Son
100 Bullets Vol. 06: Six Feet Under the Gun
100 Bullets Vol. 05: The Counterfifth Detective
100 Bullets Vol. 04: A Foregone Tomorrow
100 Bullets Vol. 03: Hang Up on the Hang Low
100 Bullets Vol. 02: Split Second Chance
30 Days of Night
100 Bullets Vol. 01: First Shot, Last Call
Transmetropolitan Vol. 1: Back on the Street
Uzumaki, Volume 1
Runaways vol. 1: Pride and Joy
The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 2: Dallas
The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 1: Apocalypse Suite
Batman: Hush, Vol. 2
Atomic Robo Vol. 4: Other Strangeness
}

Search