Tuesday, July 17, 2007

You Can't Craft This!

I'm done! Thats it, finally got all my crafted gear, with the girdle of ruination its complete. So no more farming right? Wrong, well maybe not a definitive wrong, but damn near close to it. Speaking with our pro as hell fire mage last night I got the wild hair that I might respec and go deep fire with him. 10/48/3 is the big bad raid build on the block these days. While my 40/0/21 might keep me alive in a fight longer I will never out dps a deep fire mage in equivalent gear.

So why not go fire and start to craft my spellcloth gear? I have the sustained dps from my frost build and gear, so I won't drag the raid down during my transition. After I got done with my belt I was pretty much prepared to raid, pvp and slowly earn my epic flying mount (boring). Farming fires is easy with my build/gear and I will need a metric ton of them to make the spellfire set. The only con I can see is losing my precious arcane power. While not the best option for raiding it is clutch in pvp.

So almost all signs point to going fire, except this time I won't have the urgency of getting my set completed and can take my time knowing that I still hit pretty damn hard with frost. As an added bonus I will still have my crafted frost gear in the bank waiting on me should I ever want to go back to the frozen land of damage.

Arena Notes
Whats not to like about free loot? I joined a 2v2 arena team with my friend Chris (Grajam) & Ken (Verm) and a 3v3 team with my brother (Tazeer), Luke (Hurricane), Hellspawned & Jared (Saintsee). As long as we get 10 matches done in a week, we can expect some arena points regardless of our record. Grajam and I went 6-4 this week and I didn't get to play with the 3v3 team yet.

Guild Notes
Things have been going well! As I mentioned previously we (FDB) were recruiting like mad. Since that time we have added to our numbers in a big way. Most every new member is contributing to our progress and we actually have an in house Gruul's raid scheduled for this week. We also ran two full clear Kara groups this week and intend to do the same this weekI post here with how it goes.

Rank Notes
I jumped from #59 in frost damage on Nazjatar to #4 as of today after getting all my enchants, brand new gems and my new belt. I'm up from #155 to #93 in base damage as well. The total mage pool on the server is up from 259 to 266 which only adds to the status of my current rank.

No comments:

Miles Logged

Books Read

Recently Finished:

The Wise Man's Fear
Dynasty of Evil
100 Bullets Vol. 07: Samurai
Batman: Batman and Son
100 Bullets Vol. 06: Six Feet Under the Gun
100 Bullets Vol. 05: The Counterfifth Detective
100 Bullets Vol. 04: A Foregone Tomorrow
100 Bullets Vol. 03: Hang Up on the Hang Low
100 Bullets Vol. 02: Split Second Chance
30 Days of Night
100 Bullets Vol. 01: First Shot, Last Call
Transmetropolitan Vol. 1: Back on the Street
Uzumaki, Volume 1
Runaways vol. 1: Pride and Joy
The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 2: Dallas
The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 1: Apocalypse Suite
Batman: Hush, Vol. 2
Atomic Robo Vol. 4: Other Strangeness
}

Search