Tuesday, October 23, 2007

My New Staff and Spec

I have been running around with my Staff of Infinite Mysteries since June of this year and no matter how many times I have been to Prince and Gruul (more than I can count) I have never seen either of the caster weapons they drop actually drop. I think even the blue geared casters in our guild at least have the prince dagger. I have had the off hand from Netherspite collecting dust for months too. This makes me one sad mage (panda). Not for long though, I have been rubbing my palms together in anticipation of the season 3 staff for so long that they will soon set a flame from the friction. I did the math today and as long as the 2.3 patch comes out sometime soon, I will have the points for my staff in three weeks. Personal rating requirement not with standing of course.

Fire! I finally took the plunge that I only had the stomach to talk about months ago. Now that I am free of tailoring and the spec lock it forced me into, I can spec back and forth all day long. Fire for raids and frost for arenas, cost prohibiting of course. Fire certainly is a lot more fun than a deep pvp frost spec in raids, I get to spam two buttons instead of one and mixing combustions timer with my trinket gives more to do as well. It looks like I will need to get a threat meter again now that I can actually approach the tanks with ignites, dots and pure fireball damage.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have rarely seen the staff drop off curator and the daggars drop all the time for us. crazy crazy. The new staff is sick but you are going to have to make that effort to get that rating and as for frost there are builds that you can do PvP and PvE with..i personally arena with a PvE build but i have a good healer so it helps alot. I have also been using a spell rotation on the frost spec...i use a combination of three spells, frostbolt, fireblast and CoC. This only really applies to trash and its makes it more interesting as well but pulling aggro is easy with those three spells back to back and maybe add a crit or two on top of that and its not good.

Miles Logged

Books Read

Recently Finished:

The Wise Man's Fear
Dynasty of Evil
100 Bullets Vol. 07: Samurai
Batman: Batman and Son
100 Bullets Vol. 06: Six Feet Under the Gun
100 Bullets Vol. 05: The Counterfifth Detective
100 Bullets Vol. 04: A Foregone Tomorrow
100 Bullets Vol. 03: Hang Up on the Hang Low
100 Bullets Vol. 02: Split Second Chance
30 Days of Night
100 Bullets Vol. 01: First Shot, Last Call
Transmetropolitan Vol. 1: Back on the Street
Uzumaki, Volume 1
Runaways vol. 1: Pride and Joy
The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 2: Dallas
The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 1: Apocalypse Suite
Batman: Hush, Vol. 2
Atomic Robo Vol. 4: Other Strangeness
}

Search