Sunday, December 30, 2007

Geometry is Fun

Besides the Savage demo that I played into the ground back when, Geometry Wars on xbox live is the demo I have spent the most time with in the past twenty six years of my life. It is addicting simplistic fun. It requires no time investment or story telling, it is as its sub name implies, retro evolved. I picked up Geometry Wars: Galaxies for my DS for my families trip to Pittsburgh to see the Steelers stink it up over the past weekend.

My six hours in the car with it were pure bliss. The challenges were hard, but not to the point of frustration and the satisfaction of passing the point mark was great. It only got better when we started passing the DS around the car to try and beat each others scores. Rather my score was unbreakable and everyone else competed for crumbs below me. In any case I even got my Mom to give it a go, she even beat my wife on both of their first attempts.

Thinking the pinnacle of Geometry Wars goodness had been reached on the car ride up, I was even more impressed when my cousin pulled out her DS the following day. My brother (Tazer) and I played a ton of coop and versus modes and I was completely sold on this simple little concept of a game. Smart, catchy and full of one and done fun. Too bad I don't commute on a subway or bus, I would get a lot more love from my DS and GW:G in general.

No comments:

Miles Logged

Books Read

Recently Finished:

The Wise Man's Fear
Dynasty of Evil
100 Bullets Vol. 07: Samurai
Batman: Batman and Son
100 Bullets Vol. 06: Six Feet Under the Gun
100 Bullets Vol. 05: The Counterfifth Detective
100 Bullets Vol. 04: A Foregone Tomorrow
100 Bullets Vol. 03: Hang Up on the Hang Low
100 Bullets Vol. 02: Split Second Chance
30 Days of Night
100 Bullets Vol. 01: First Shot, Last Call
Transmetropolitan Vol. 1: Back on the Street
Uzumaki, Volume 1
Runaways vol. 1: Pride and Joy
The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 2: Dallas
The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 1: Apocalypse Suite
Batman: Hush, Vol. 2
Atomic Robo Vol. 4: Other Strangeness
}

Search