Wednesday, December 5, 2007

RMP & RMD FTW

I guess the title of this entry could have been RMP > RMS. Considering you have to win two games for every lose to advance in rating and half the teams we played were rogue, mage, priest and the occasional rogue, mage, druid, we had a tough go last night. We started with a win and then traded the rest of the night to end at +1, with a record of 7-6 and a 1615 rating (up from 1603).

All hope is not lost though, rogue, mage, shaman is great against 3DPS teams and a ton of other combos. However with Majarg out of the hospital with a clean bill of health, we will most likely be running warlock, mage, elemental shaman again. It might be tough to go 3DPS ourselves considering how many rogue, mage, healer teams there are this season. Only time will tell though, hopefully we can sharpen our rush down strategy to a fine point and get to 1850 with in 2-3 weeks as I had planned.

Project Beesta
I realized two nights ago that after this week and only 11k more honor I will be done with s3 honor gear. What is a non-raiding, pvp mage to do then? Roll a druid of course! With the prevalence of druid & X teams this season (where X = lock or warrior) I figured it was time to toss my hat in for a second pvp character. I'll see how this goes as I have 4-5 characters all at level 7 and had hoped to level them all to 70 at one point in time.

Site Watch
Check out ArenaJunkies.com if you get a chance. I first discovered the site when I was trying to figure out my season 2 title. I thought I might get duelist, I was wrong, rival FTW! It is much more than a title calculator though. They have the best pvp forums I have seen and one of the coolest features I had never heard of. Ask a Gladiator is a forum where any scrubby arena player (yours truly) can ask a question, but only gladiators from the previous season can answer. Very cool.

New Feature
You may have noticed the item descriptions on hover for some of the gear I have been linking lately. WoWHead went live with a script that allows for this feature to work. It is only 4-5 lines of code in the base of the this blogs html. Pretty cool...

Ex: Warglaive of Azzinoth

P.S. I fought a rogue with both of the above mentioned legendary swords in an EOTS and I wasn't impressed. Oh they looked cool alright, but I expected her (night elf female) to hit like a truck. Ebay maybe?

No comments:

Miles Logged

Books Read

Recently Finished:

The Wise Man's Fear
Dynasty of Evil
100 Bullets Vol. 07: Samurai
Batman: Batman and Son
100 Bullets Vol. 06: Six Feet Under the Gun
100 Bullets Vol. 05: The Counterfifth Detective
100 Bullets Vol. 04: A Foregone Tomorrow
100 Bullets Vol. 03: Hang Up on the Hang Low
100 Bullets Vol. 02: Split Second Chance
30 Days of Night
100 Bullets Vol. 01: First Shot, Last Call
Transmetropolitan Vol. 1: Back on the Street
Uzumaki, Volume 1
Runaways vol. 1: Pride and Joy
The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 2: Dallas
The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 1: Apocalypse Suite
Batman: Hush, Vol. 2
Atomic Robo Vol. 4: Other Strangeness
}

Search