Monday, February 18, 2008

The WoW Comic(s)

About two weeks ago I got issue #3 in the mail of the official WoW comic. The art in it is superb, the writing is good, but not great (not on the same level as the books at least). The story they are spinning so far is about pvp and arena teams, but it looks like the tale may become more grand very soon. I like that it is about the horde because that is all I ever played and I like that it visits so many places in the game world. One of my favorite things to do after finishing a Warcraft book was to go and visit all the places mentioned. Going to Medivh's tower before it was just a ten man raiding stepping stone was a blast.

Reading the comic has got me excited about the coming expansion again. I've been checking MMOC regularly for screen shots and other media of WOTLK. I have also been thinking about going back soon to prepare my character for WOTLK. I still need an epic mount and a purse full of gold would be nice too. This time when I stand in line with Tazeer at midnight he won't be mocking me for being a geek, he will probably be buying two copies.

Cycling
On Friday I picked up my frankenbike and ordered my creamy dreamy Surly Cross Check. I am in the process of planning out the gear to go with my lovely, but the frankenbike is running like a champ with its new fork and headset in the mean time.

Site Watch
Harris Cyclery is an online bike store created by the late great Sheldon Brown (1944 - 2008). They have a ton of great parts available for sale and leave a good bit of personal commentary on each. I will probably end up buying a bunch of my parts from them very soon for the Check mentioned above.

1 comment:

Mehtul... said...

by the way frankenbike looks hawt with tthe new chrome forks.

Miles Logged

Books Read

Recently Finished:

The Wise Man's Fear
Dynasty of Evil
100 Bullets Vol. 07: Samurai
Batman: Batman and Son
100 Bullets Vol. 06: Six Feet Under the Gun
100 Bullets Vol. 05: The Counterfifth Detective
100 Bullets Vol. 04: A Foregone Tomorrow
100 Bullets Vol. 03: Hang Up on the Hang Low
100 Bullets Vol. 02: Split Second Chance
30 Days of Night
100 Bullets Vol. 01: First Shot, Last Call
Transmetropolitan Vol. 1: Back on the Street
Uzumaki, Volume 1
Runaways vol. 1: Pride and Joy
The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 2: Dallas
The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 1: Apocalypse Suite
Batman: Hush, Vol. 2
Atomic Robo Vol. 4: Other Strangeness
}

Search