Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Yet More Riverside

This is becoming a bit of a tradition, we have ridden the same riverside loop three weekends in a row. We are planning to do it again this coming weekend too. It feels great to be back in the saddle on a regular basis. This ride was not the allstar cast that last weeks ride was, but the roster was an oldie but goody none the less. Mike, Grant and I were two wheels rolling by 9am. What I am now calling my frankenbike (see below) ran like a dream.

Nothing to eventful on this one. We did pass by the parked Ringling Brothers train and stop to take a few photos by it (see above). Seeing a bus full of menacing circus folk though, we didn't test our luck for fear or a elephantidae phallus beat down. We stopped by Byrd park as well for some more saddle shots and were quickly on our way. We were back at Grant's place in plenty of time for him to make his 11am appointment. Good fast ride with just enough time to take in the city.

For a bit of further explanation. I dubbed it the frankenbike because after many years of loyal service the fork and headset on my Schwinn were on their last leg. After last weeks ride and fighting with the headset for an hour prior I decided it was time to take her in. I got the cheapest headset and fork available at Rowlett's to tide me over till the Check is complete. I thought I would dislike the mismatched fork on my burgundy frame, but it actually fits quite well.

My Pictures (limited battery = limited photos)
Mehtul's Write Up

Site Watch
Monday I featured one of the sites that I would be buying parts from for my new ride. So I figured I'd do the same today. Wallbike is a fine outfit that carries some of the coolest niche bike parts on the web. I am the proud owner of a Brooks saddle and a Gilles Berthoud saddle bag from their store already. I expect that many a part for the Check will come from them too.

1 comment:

Mehtul... said...

your frankenbike pics link to my bianchi version 8.4587. You tryin to say I've a franken bike? :)

Miles Logged

Books Read

Recently Finished:

The Wise Man's Fear
Dynasty of Evil
100 Bullets Vol. 07: Samurai
Batman: Batman and Son
100 Bullets Vol. 06: Six Feet Under the Gun
100 Bullets Vol. 05: The Counterfifth Detective
100 Bullets Vol. 04: A Foregone Tomorrow
100 Bullets Vol. 03: Hang Up on the Hang Low
100 Bullets Vol. 02: Split Second Chance
30 Days of Night
100 Bullets Vol. 01: First Shot, Last Call
Transmetropolitan Vol. 1: Back on the Street
Uzumaki, Volume 1
Runaways vol. 1: Pride and Joy
The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 2: Dallas
The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 1: Apocalypse Suite
Batman: Hush, Vol. 2
Atomic Robo Vol. 4: Other Strangeness
}

Search