Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Of the Nightfall

Sunday night I finally sat high a top my long lusted for plagued proto-drake. It has been long road of achievements that started back in November, when we first completed The Safety Dance. To Sunday night when we downed Sartharion with three drakes up. It took me just shy of four months to complete Glory of the Raider and roughly 20 or so guild members to do it. It comes with a new title (Samichez of the Nightfall) and of course the coveted proto-drake.

So, what did I do with my new 310% speed mount of glory? Why sit at the bank and stare at it for an hour. Mind you it was an hour of people sending me tells asking where I got it or congratulating our group. Doing the deed left my purse about 2,000 gold lighter after three weeks of attempts and around 4-5 different strategies for doing it. The one that finally got it for us was three tanks, three healers and no portals until all three drakes were dead. How people did it in blues back in 2008 is beyond me. It took every bit of gear and min/maxing to defeat our foe.

Our RaidComp

So, what is next? Probably a bunch of raid logging and crossing my fingers for Immortal. If we can spend a night in Naxx without dying, I may have a black proto-drake to report back on in the near future.

No comments:

Miles Logged

Books Read

Recently Finished:

The Wise Man's Fear
Dynasty of Evil
100 Bullets Vol. 07: Samurai
Batman: Batman and Son
100 Bullets Vol. 06: Six Feet Under the Gun
100 Bullets Vol. 05: The Counterfifth Detective
100 Bullets Vol. 04: A Foregone Tomorrow
100 Bullets Vol. 03: Hang Up on the Hang Low
100 Bullets Vol. 02: Split Second Chance
30 Days of Night
100 Bullets Vol. 01: First Shot, Last Call
Transmetropolitan Vol. 1: Back on the Street
Uzumaki, Volume 1
Runaways vol. 1: Pride and Joy
The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 2: Dallas
The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 1: Apocalypse Suite
Batman: Hush, Vol. 2
Atomic Robo Vol. 4: Other Strangeness
}

Search