Thursday, October 8, 2009

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lame

After much birthday deliberation and hand wringing I purchased a PS3 over the weekend. I must be living a pretty swanky lifestyle to complain about not wanting anything for my birthday, but such is the case. As an adult (a.k.a. grown ass man) I pretty much buy whatever I want when I want it. So when my birthday comes along once a year and I'm asked "what do you want" my mind draws a blank. This year it was a toss up between a Ps3 and an assortment of bike parts and clothing. I didn't really need either, but I guess you strike while the birthday iron is hot.

I ultimately decided to get the PS3 because at $299 it is less of an impulse buy the other 364 days I was not born. If I get a wild hair to buy a new rear rack in November, I'll just order it that day. The back catalog of games on the PS3 that I can get dirt cheap is really nice. So far I have I finished the first Uncharted and started Metal Gear Solid 4 (hence the title reference). Full reviews (as full as they get on this blog) are forth coming, but I will say that I enjoyed Uncharted and I'm enjoying MSG4.

The built in Blu-ray player is a nice addition as well. I always thought unscaled DVDs looked particularly crappy when viewed next to HDTV movies. So getting a notch above HDTV and 10 stories up from DVDs with Blu-ray is a breath of fresh air in a cloud of sulfur. We rented Push as our first dip into high def disk based movie watching. It looked great and actually turned out to be a decent enough film. Now for surround sound? Maybe my next birthday.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Maybe my birthday :)

Miles Logged

Books Read

Recently Finished:

The Wise Man's Fear
Dynasty of Evil
100 Bullets Vol. 07: Samurai
Batman: Batman and Son
100 Bullets Vol. 06: Six Feet Under the Gun
100 Bullets Vol. 05: The Counterfifth Detective
100 Bullets Vol. 04: A Foregone Tomorrow
100 Bullets Vol. 03: Hang Up on the Hang Low
100 Bullets Vol. 02: Split Second Chance
30 Days of Night
100 Bullets Vol. 01: First Shot, Last Call
Transmetropolitan Vol. 1: Back on the Street
Uzumaki, Volume 1
Runaways vol. 1: Pride and Joy
The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 2: Dallas
The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 1: Apocalypse Suite
Batman: Hush, Vol. 2
Atomic Robo Vol. 4: Other Strangeness
}

Search