Friday, December 4, 2009

Finishing, Twitter and Peppers

Wood Finishing
Wednesday night was my second class at Woodcraft since I decided to add yet another hobby to my list of many. The last class was how to build a basic box, it was very hands on and the result of my labor was tangible. My choice for a follow up was a finishing course. I figured it made sense to at least learn how to sand, stain, seal and clear coat my first project. It felt a little less satisfying to not walk away with something, but getting a crash course in a topic I knew zero about prior to attending was equally great. Hopefully I will have new pictures of the finished box on the site sooner than later.

Twitter
Now that I have a new phone, text plan and the same amount of thoughts and life experiences, I have awakened my twitter account (@wreck36) from it's seven month slumber. Finally getting it synced up with my Facebook and Tumblr was the push I needed too. Posting to twitter from my desktop previously just seemed like I was doing it wrong. So now it is on to even more social media. Look out should I be successful in getting my employer setup to tweet as well.

Stuffed Peppers
On the menu at the Tabib's Tuesday night was stuffed bell peppers. A meal I have made once before that turned out tasty enough to warrant a second pass. This time it went faster, cleaner and tastier. They are simple enough to make: brown beef, cook rice and combine the two with tomato sauce, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder and salt/pepper to taste. Stuff the mix in the peppers and cover the tops with a mix of tomato sauce, Italian seasoning and fresh parmesan. Bake at 350 for one hour and the result is what you see to the right. Basting it every 15 minutes with the tomato sauce mix will keep them moist. Supah Tasty.

Comics & Books
Long neglected my "what am I reading" list on the right hand side of the bee-log has been updated and bumped up above the links sections. Nothing special, but why have it if it is not up to date.

No comments:

Miles Logged

Books Read

Recently Finished:

The Wise Man's Fear
Dynasty of Evil
100 Bullets Vol. 07: Samurai
Batman: Batman and Son
100 Bullets Vol. 06: Six Feet Under the Gun
100 Bullets Vol. 05: The Counterfifth Detective
100 Bullets Vol. 04: A Foregone Tomorrow
100 Bullets Vol. 03: Hang Up on the Hang Low
100 Bullets Vol. 02: Split Second Chance
30 Days of Night
100 Bullets Vol. 01: First Shot, Last Call
Transmetropolitan Vol. 1: Back on the Street
Uzumaki, Volume 1
Runaways vol. 1: Pride and Joy
The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 2: Dallas
The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 1: Apocalypse Suite
Batman: Hush, Vol. 2
Atomic Robo Vol. 4: Other Strangeness
}

Search