Monday, January 14, 2013

Weekend Review: Jan 12th & 13th

Every weekend there are new sights, sounds, and taste to consume. There are other sensory inputs that tickle my brain too, but saying there is stuff to feel sounds creepy. This is a weekly journal of my weekend endeavors. Enjoy!

Star Wars #1
Continuing my 2012 man crush on Brian Wood, I read his new Star Wars book over the weekend. I have had little success in the past with Star Wars books or comics (save a few exceptions), but this seems to be another exception. Wood's Star Wars takes place in the three years between episode IV and V though and it is actually good. Leia and Luke are out hunting for a new rebel base and the emperor is shouting at Vader. All on the back drop of art that looks great and not like it was overly referenced from the movies.

Hundreds (cont.)
Back in October I posted about a flash game that would eventually become an iOS game. That thing happened this week and it grew from it's core concept to something even better. New mechanics are slowly doled out every few levels and then iterated on in cool ways. It is more puzzle than twitch timing. Maybe not worth the $4.99 price tag, but I got it on sale for $2.99. What the fuck am I saying, that is the price of a cup of coffee, just get it already. Then again, is it one cup of coffee or five $0.99 apps? Apple you have both fucked and grown the gaming market place with your bargain basement pricing. I'm so confused!

Eberron
I'm mid-swing on a bunch of my 13 in 13 activities already. Running in January when it is almost 70° out is easy peasy, but scheduling table top time can be the hardest part of the hobby. So I just did it. In late February I am hosting a D&D Next game for 6 players in the Eberron campaign setting. There is no Eberron  Next yet, but I am mostly using it for flavor and home-brewing 4e Eberron when I have to. It will be all warforged and airships come the end of next month. Planning it out has got me pumped to roll dice.


No comments:

Miles Logged

Books Read

Recently Finished:

The Wise Man's Fear
Dynasty of Evil
100 Bullets Vol. 07: Samurai
Batman: Batman and Son
100 Bullets Vol. 06: Six Feet Under the Gun
100 Bullets Vol. 05: The Counterfifth Detective
100 Bullets Vol. 04: A Foregone Tomorrow
100 Bullets Vol. 03: Hang Up on the Hang Low
100 Bullets Vol. 02: Split Second Chance
30 Days of Night
100 Bullets Vol. 01: First Shot, Last Call
Transmetropolitan Vol. 1: Back on the Street
Uzumaki, Volume 1
Runaways vol. 1: Pride and Joy
The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 2: Dallas
The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 1: Apocalypse Suite
Batman: Hush, Vol. 2
Atomic Robo Vol. 4: Other Strangeness
}

Search