Monday, February 25, 2013

Weekend Review: Feb 23rd & 24th

Every weekend there are new sights, sounds, and taste to consume. There are other sensory inputs that tickle my brain too, but saying there is stuff to feel sounds creepy. This is a weekly journal of my weekend endeavors. Enjoy!

The Cabin In The Woods
Horror movies are not my jam. Part of the draw for Cabin in the Woods though, was the buzz created around the film at it's release. Not the normal horror crowd. There were lots of people talking about how good the film was and why it was worth not spoiling he premise/reveal for yourself. Almost two years later I was still in he dark oddly enough. The film plays in the realm of classic horror tropes and then turns them on their head. Saying any more might ruin it. Seek it out and enjoy.

Crysis 2
Far Cry 3 was the last game I really bit my teeth into and that was back in early January. Some how I got it in my head that the folks that spawned the Far Cry series were worth revisiting. Crytek made the first Far Cry game, a technical marvel at the time and then moved on to make Crysis. Crysis at the time was too much game for any PC of it's era to run it at max settings. If you could run it at any level though it was beautiful.The story had very little substance though and the mechanics where akin to turning on a cheat mode. Crysis 2 took that boring ball and ran with it.

D&D Next
Friday night I played DM for 6 of my friends. After not sitting behind the screen since July of last year I felt rusty the whole night. I prepped too much again and by the time I was through the whole thing felt a bit too on the rails. Letting go and not over preparing has been the bane of my DM experience. I think I will eventually get there, but taking off what was pretty much a whole year didn't help. All that said and I still had fun. We rolled dice, drank beer and made dick jokes till midnight. Expect a bonus post later this week.

No comments:

Miles Logged

Books Read

Recently Finished:

The Wise Man's Fear
Dynasty of Evil
100 Bullets Vol. 07: Samurai
Batman: Batman and Son
100 Bullets Vol. 06: Six Feet Under the Gun
100 Bullets Vol. 05: The Counterfifth Detective
100 Bullets Vol. 04: A Foregone Tomorrow
100 Bullets Vol. 03: Hang Up on the Hang Low
100 Bullets Vol. 02: Split Second Chance
30 Days of Night
100 Bullets Vol. 01: First Shot, Last Call
Transmetropolitan Vol. 1: Back on the Street
Uzumaki, Volume 1
Runaways vol. 1: Pride and Joy
The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 2: Dallas
The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 1: Apocalypse Suite
Batman: Hush, Vol. 2
Atomic Robo Vol. 4: Other Strangeness
}

Search